We developed restrainer that is designed for animal-friendly and supportive for both animals and operators.
Restrainer for Laboratory Mice and Rats
- The animals enter the restrainer and leave head-first in a one-way type.
- Since the animals enter the restrainer by themself, they resist less than conventional products, reducing animal’s suffering and cutting down on the inconvenience of the operator, improving operability.
- It is made of stainless steel, PSF, and silicone, so it can be autoclaved, making it safe and secure to bring into the animal room.
- Some animals may not like to enter the restrainer by themselves. Even in such cases, the wide mouth on both sides of the body makes it easy to secure the animal smoothly, even if it is placed in the back from the back, with less interference from the limbs.
Instructions for use:
- Loosely secure the head holder.
- Hold the animal's tail and guide it into the restrainer entrance.
- Close the tail shutter and move and secure the head holder to fit the animal's size.
- After the procedure is complete, remove the tail shutter and head holder, and release the animal by holding its tail in the direction of the exit.
▼ Head holder ▼ Tail shutter